To make this document more readable, “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to Vantage. “You” and “your” refers to anybody using our Sites and Services.
What We Collect
The personal information that Vantage collects, uses, and shares relating to you will depend on Vantage’s relationship or interaction with you (for example, as a policyholder; insured person under another policyholder’s policy, or claimant; commercial broker or appointed representative; applicant for employment or other person relating to our business). We may collect personal information about you either from you or your agents or representatives. Personal information we may collect includes:
- General Identification and Contact Information such as name, physical address, email address, unique personal identifier, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license or state identification card number, passport number, signature, physical characteristics or description, insurance policy information, financial information, medical information, or other similar identifiers or personal information.
- Other sensitive information such as age, race, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, marital status, medical condition, disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, biometric or genetic information and criminal convictions.
- Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Network activity such as online identifiers (e.g., Internet Protocol address), Internet or other electronic network activity regarding your interaction with our Sites and Services, social media pages, applications or advertisements.
- Geolocation data such as physical location.
- Sensory data such as audio, electronic, visual or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information such as current or past job history.
- Educational information such as records directly related to a student maintained by an educational or institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes and student disciplinary record
- Inferences drawn from any of the information above.
Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records, or deidentified or aggregated information.
How We Use Your Data
Vantage may use personal information as may be necessary to:
- Contact you, or send information you have asked to receive about Vantage products and services,
- Service your insurance needs, including to process claims you have submitted relating to Vantage products and services or to confirm or correct information you have submitted,
- Personalize your experience while using Vantage’s Sites and Services or other digital platforms,
- Conduct research and data analytics to support Vantage’s risk management and operational purposes, including actuarial analysis and the development of actuarial and pricing tools and models,
- Contact you for other business reasons,
- Inform you of Vantage jobs and to decide if you have the skills for a job,
- Protect Vantage’s privacy and property, as well as the privacy and property of you or others,
- Resolve complaints and handle any requests for access to or correction of your personal data,
- Prevent, detect and investigate fraud and other activities that violate our terms or that are illegal,
- Comply with laws and legal processes, including responding to court, regulatory or governmental requests,
- As otherwise allowed, or required, by applicable law including laws other than those of your location, and
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We also may anonymize, combine or aggregate any of the information we collect for any of these purposes, or to analyze trends or statistics or to provide risk management or insurance services to our clients.
How We Share Your Data
- To transfer data to our affiliates from time to time for our legitimate business purposes. Affiliates are defined as subsidiaries, parent companies, joint ventures, and other corporate entities under common Vantage ownership.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties that use it only for our business purposes.
- To a buyer, investor, or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Vantage’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Vantage about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it.
- As otherwise permitted or required by law.
We are committed to maintaining your confidence and trust, and take steps to help protect the personal information you provide to us. However, no transmission or electronic storage of information is guaranteed to be secure. We therefore urge you to always use caution when transmitting information over the internet.
Your Privacy Rights
Consent to Transfer
Our Site is hosted from the United States. Because Vantage operates globally, please be aware that we may transfer your information outside of the country where you reside to countries that may not have data protection laws equivalent to where you reside including the United States. By using our Site, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Choices about the Collection and Use of Your Information
Third Party Services and Websites
Collection of Information from Children
Vantage does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. For more information about protecting your child’s privacy online, visit the Federal Trade Commission website.
We are committed to ensuring that our communications are accessible to people with disabilities. To make accessibility-related requests or report barriers, please contact us via the information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Feedback or Questions
If you have questions or comments, please refer to the “Contact Us” section below.